Week 01, May 2021
“Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.” 〜Roy M. Goodman
By LuxPin Team
◆ Many of these remote openings are at Linkedin 2021 Top Companies.
1. Director of Development & Relationship Management — UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
2. Assistant Digital Stylist — Neiman Marcus Group
3. Threat Investigator — Facebook
4. Content Editor — Clever Real Estate
5. Lead Mobile Applications Developer — UPS
6. Racial Justice Editor — Yes! Media
7. Mental Wellbeing Navigator — CVS Health
8. Junior Controller — Tiny Organics
9. Software Engineer — Roaming Hunger
10. B2B Influencer Relations — DELL Technologies
11. Business Development Associate — Thirstie
12. Multimedia Producer — Realogy
◆ Oceania Cruises is ready to make a comeback. The cruise company that focuses on culinary- and destination-based cruising, announced it will resume operations with its 1,250-guest ship Marina this August. It will kick off sailings again with its first trip to Scandinavia and Western Europe commencing on Aug. 29, 2021, in Copenhagen.
◆ Uniworld Boutique River Cruises just launched its first-ever Mystery Cruise — a trip that leaves destinations, stops, and perks a secret until the very last minute. While cruises, in general, are very meticulously planned, this one leaves a little room for spontaneity. Either way, you’re taking an epic cruise.
◆ The United Kingdom is working with its National Health Service to create an app that will act as a vaccine passport for traveling. UK travelers will still have to undergo a COVID-19 test before departure and another once they return. Currently, British officials have marked May 17 as the earliest date for when residents will be allowed international travel, according to Reuters.
◆ From granting access to venues or flights, here are popular health passport apps used around the country. Here are the different vaccine passports available and what travelers need to know about each one.
1. Clear Health Pass
3. Excelsior Pass
4. IATA Travel Pass
5. United Travel Ready Center
◆ It’s seeing U.S.-based travelers gravitating toward these domestic destinations for upcoming spring and summer travels according to Airbnb based on its search data.
1. Southern Maine
2. Cape May, New Jersey
3. Round Top, Texas
4. Lake Powell, Arizona
5. Cape San Blas, Florida
6. Orderville, Utah
7. Mammoth Cave, Kentucky
8. Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
9. Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
10. Whitefish, Montana
◆ From January through March of this year, vacation home sales in the U.S. were up more than 46% from the same period a year earlier. And the most popular destinations among buyers may surprise you. Coming in at number one is Marion, North Carolina. Hudson, a charming town in New York’s Catskills region, came in fifth on the list. Branson, Missouri — one of the most affordable lake towns in the U.S., according to Realtor.com — landed in eighth place.
◆ Looking to plan a working vacation, or to relocate entirely? Consider one of these stunning destinations that allow you to combine work and play.
1. Medellin, Colombia
3. Franschhoek, South Africa
4. Cusco, Peru
6. Bali, Indonesia
7. Otavalo, Ecuador
◆ Natural Light is looking for a perfect ambassador to launch its new product — and it comes with a $25,000 signing bonus. This paid internship offers the candidate $40 per hour, which adds up to about $83,000 a year plus the signing bonus. The chosen candidate would help the brand launch new Naturdays Frozen Icicles and run a traveling lemonade shack, as well as finding the best summer locations, hyping up the local markets wherever the stand travels to, and creating content for Natty Light’s social channels.
◆ The Lincolnshire County Council has recently posted a job listing for a Heritage Project Officer. The job offers “a competitive salary of £25,991 to £28,672 [about $36,000 to $40,000], along with a pension, a comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes, cycle to work, civil service sports council membership and many areas for professional support and development.” Applications are being accepted until May 3.
◆ If you’re taking a road trip with your dog, you’ll need to ensure their safety and comfort. Here are 14 of the best dog car travel accessories for a canine-friendly road trip:
1. A crash-tested kennel to protect your dog in a collision
2. A crash-tested harness to travel safely with your dog outside of a crate
3. A hammock-style seat cover to keep paw prints and dirt at bay
4. A foldable car ramp for pets with mobility issues
5. A pet first-aid kit just in case
6. Shades to block the sun and keep car temperatures down
7. A spill-minimizing bowl so your dog can quench their thirst anytime they want
8. Interlocking treat-dispensing puzzle toys to help alleviate boredom
9. A soft, washable blanket that doubles as a dog bed
10. A dog-size backpack for outdoor adventures
11. An insulated water bottle with a dog bowl built right in
12. A long line to let your dog safely explore new environments
13. Grooming wipes or waterless shampoo to quickly remove grime and nasty smells
14. A folding travel crate for use inside a hotel room
◆ A photographer captured striking photos of a 310-foot superyacht, Project 817, making its way through narrow Dutch canals, per CNN. The vessel was being transported from the Kaag Island shipyard to the North Sea at Rotterdam. To get there, it had to spend about four days navigating through miles of narrow canals.
◆ The stunning tree house in Fletcher, North Carolina, sits atop a tree on the “apex of the Eastern Continental Divide” on its own 40-acre plot in the middle of a wildlife preserve. As the owner’s note, if you wake up early you could spot bobcats, foxes, deer, turkeys, hawks, falcons, grouse, owls, and ravens that call the land their home.
◆ Airbnb, Big Sky Resort in Montana, and world-renowned rock climber and mountaineer Conrad Anker announced a new partnership and offer for two lucky guests to come and experience nature as the only occupants of the Andesite Mountain in Big Sky this fall. The one-time, two-night stay will take place on Thursday, October 7 through Saturday, October 9. The price? Just $88 as a nod to the 8,800 feet Andesite Mountain sits above sea level.